Holly's Interpretations

Hey! I am Holly and i have created this blog for my English class at Western Michigan University. I am currently and Elementary Education major with history, language arts and early education minors. I am excited to be at Western and i cant wait to see what other people will post on my site!

Monday, November 13, 2006

THEORY SITES I VISITED

http://www.kristisiegel.com/theory.htm#feminism

I am not very fond of the Literary toolkit site. The reading is like a dialog story, i'd rather just have the information about the subject and know what it is saying (flat out writing)
This Website was one of my favorites!
http://www.cla.purdue.edu/academic/engl/theory/genderandsex/modules/introduction.html
When reading the information about Theories of Gender and Sex, I was surprised to see how many names and categories of theorist there were for this subject. "As a result, sex and gender theorists can be divided into various sub-schools that bring together the insights of disparate approaches (eg. materialist feminists, Foucauldian theorists of gender, postmodern and poststructuralist theorists of gender, and psychoanalytical feminists; psychoanalytical feminists can, in turn, be divided among Freudian, Lacanian, and Kristevan thinkers)." Wow! This is just interesting to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home