Holly's Interpretations

Hey! I am Holly and i have created this blog for my English class at Western Michigan University. I am currently and Elementary Education major with history, language arts and early education minors. I am excited to be at Western and i cant wait to see what other people will post on my site!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It was interesting because I started reading "Shooting an Elephant" and I realized that I had already read it somewhere. I think it was in my humanities class in 11th grade. So it was interesting to read it agian. I felt that this was very relevant to the war discussion we had on Tuesday. It went along with the whole idea that sometimes people have to do things that they dont want to do in order to keep all of the other safe. In this case the man had to choose between shooting the crazy elephant or have the elephant hurt the town people. Its the same with the war, we have men and women over seas doing things they may not like in order to keep everyone back home safe. No one likes to be the bad guy/girl but someone has to do the dirty work or even worse things could happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home