Holly's Interpretations

Hey! I am Holly and i have created this blog for my English class at Western Michigan University. I am currently and Elementary Education major with history, language arts and early education minors. I am excited to be at Western and i cant wait to see what other people will post on my site!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

More War Articles and Pictures

Here are some more articles I found interesting about the war in Iraq.

1. I found this particular article interesting because it talked about how many people we have lost just THIS month..and its not even over yet! There have been 11 troops, totalling 70 people killed in October. Yet, the government says that we ARE making progress. It says that on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 was the highest single day combat death toll for U.S soldiers since January 5, 2006. On Tuesday 10 people were killed 9 soilders and 1 marine.

1. http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/octobers-us-death-toll-in-iraq-hits-70/20061014045609990002

2. This site has a few articles that I think you would like reading. In one of the articles it talks about the Iraqies rebuilding their areas despite the destruction that has been occurring. They say that they will work shoulder to shoulder with the American forces to get things back and working for their people. I found this to be interesting in that i never thought about rebuilding until after the war would be over...i guess it never occurred to me that rebuilding of things such as water towers, sewers and things would need to be rebuilt right away... it has just never really been a thought that popped into my head when i have heard or thought about the war.
2. http://www.mnf-iraq.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home