Holly's Interpretations

Hey! I am Holly and i have created this blog for my English class at Western Michigan University. I am currently and Elementary Education major with history, language arts and early education minors. I am excited to be at Western and i cant wait to see what other people will post on my site!

Monday, October 16, 2006

War Readings

So I was on http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/16/iraq.poll/ browsing all of the current news articles and it said that War Support is at a low right now, which really didnt surprise me since we have been at war for a few years now. The article says that only 34% of people support the war on 64% are agianst it. Personally, I think that everyone is getting sick of hearing, seeing and being apart of this war but deep down we all know its just going to continue for years to come as we invade other lands.

More Articles

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/a-war-that-has-run-out-of-control/2006/10/16/1160850866626.html
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/news_theswamp/2006/10/expert_iraq_in_.html

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Allen Webb said...

Here is a question for you: would Americans be against the war if we were WINNING? Would it then matter to the American people if the war was "justified"? Is it because we are losing that Americans are questioning the war, or because the war is wrong in the first place? (None of these questions were addressed in the article you refer us to...)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lindzly said...

Your first article made me realize how important it is that we are aware of the culture of this land so foreign to us. I want to find out more about the Kurds, the Sunnis and the Shiites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home